Benefits of Laser Dentistry
• Less time in dental chair for dental treatment.
• No whining sound associated with the dental drill.
• Absolutely Painless Procedure.
• During Surgery less bleeding.
• Suture-less surgical producer possible.
• More comfortable for kids and young adults.
• Reduce Swelling.
• Less chance of postoperative infection.
• During Surgery Minimum damaged surrounding and adjacent tissues.
• Increase effect of tooth whitening without any side effect.
• No Consumption of harmful chemicals.
• Quick removal of tooth decay/dental caries. Long lasting fillings.
• Faster healing process.
• Preservation of tooth and surrounding structure.
• Dental laser’s ability to kill bacteria so create a more sterilized environment.
Important uses of lasers in Dentistry
There are several uses of Laser in dentistry for hard tissue and for a soft tissue.
Laser uses of dental Hard Tissue Tooth.
• Conservative Decay removal /Cavity Removal
• Removal of tooth structure or lesions to eliminate disease
• Dental Implant
Laser uses of dental Soft Tissue / Periodontium.
• Laser Depigmentation
• Smile design/ gum reshaping / Gumline contouring
• Gum lift / Crown lengthening
• Periodontal / gum related care
Special painless uses of Laser in oral dentistry.
• Laser Teeth Whitening
• Single sitting Root canal treatment
• Frenectomy and tongue tie
• Curing of restorative filling materials
• Cosmetic enhancements
• Lip Repositioning
• Minor gum surgery / Soft tissue surgical procedures
• Lichen planus
• Cold Sore/Ulcer
• Canker sore and herpes lesions – laser can reduce pain / itching of sores.